Hot Caramel Apples Recipe
- 4 large tart apples, cored
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 12 Red Hots
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 caramels
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. Peel about 3/4 in. off the top of each apple; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Pour juice over apples. Fill the center of each apple with 2 tablespoons of sugar, three Red Hots, 1 tablespoon butter and two caramels. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the apples are tender. Serve immediately with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 424 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (70g sugars, 6g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Hot Caramel Apples
"There was absolutely no caramel taste, there was a lot of liquid in the crock pot which I think was the reason the apple was too soft to eat and the apple skins got tough."
"Great stuff! I used Splenda. Didn't have red-hots but will the next time. This recipe is a keeper."