Hot Caramel Apples Recipe
Who ever thinks of making dessert in a slow cooker? This old-time favorite goes together quickly, and it's such a treat to come home to the aroma of cinnamon baked apples just like Mom used to make! —Pat Sparks, St. Charles, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours YIELD:4 servings
- 4 large tart apples, cored
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 12 Red Hots
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 caramels
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. Peel about 3/4 in. off the top of each apple; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Pour juice over apples. Fill the center of each apple with 2 tablespoons of sugar, three Red Hots, 1 tablespoon butter and two caramels. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the apples are tender. Serve immediately with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
> 1 caramel apple (calculated without whipped cream) equals 424 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 79 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC