Hot Caramel Apples Recipe
- 4 large tart apples, cored
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 12 Red Hots
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 caramels
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream, optional
- Peel about 3/4 in. off the top of each apple; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Pour juice over apples. Fill the center of each apple with 2 tablespoons of sugar, three Red Hots, 1 tablespoon butter and two caramels. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the apples are tender. Serve immediately with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Hot Caramel Apples(3)
Sort By :
There was absolutely no caramel taste, there was a lot of liquid in the crock pot which I think was the reason the apple was too soft to eat and the apple skins got tough.
Great stuff! I used Splenda. Didn't have red-hots but will the next time. This recipe is a keeper.