Who ever thinks of making dessert in a slow cooker? This old-time favorite goes together quickly, and it's such a treat to come home to the aroma of cinnamon baked apples just like Mom used to make! —Pat Sparks, St. Charles, Missouri
- 4 large tart apples, cored
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 12 Red Hots
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 caramels
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream, optional
- Peel about 3/4 in. off the top of each apple; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Pour juice over apples. Fill the center of each apple with 2 tablespoons of sugar, three Red Hots, 1 tablespoon butter and two caramels. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the apples are tender. Serve immediately with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hot Caramel Apples in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p45
Reviews for Hot Caramel Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review