Hot Buttered Rum
“I received this recipe from a friend over 30 years ago, and I think of her every winter when I stir up a batch of this delightful mix. It keeps well in the freezer.” —Joyce Moynihan, Lakeville, Minnesota
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- EACH SERVING:
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 to 3 tablespoons rum
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat
- in the ice cream, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cover and store in the
- For each serving, place 1/2 cup butter mixture in a mug; add boiling
- water and stir to dissolve. Stir in rum. Yield: 7 servings (3-1/2
- cups mix).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 428 calories, 30 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.