Hot Buttered Rum Recipe
“I received this recipe from a friend over 30 years ago, and I think of her every winter when I stir up a batch of this delightful mix. It keeps well in the freezer.” —Joyce Moynihan, Lakeville, Minnesota
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- EACH SERVING:
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 to 3 tablespoons rum
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the ice cream, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cover and store in the freezer.
- 2. For each serving, place 1/2 cup butter mixture in a mug; add boiling water and stir to dissolve. Stir in rum. Yield: 7 servings (3-1/2 cups mix).
1 serving equals 428 calories, 30 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC