Hot Buttered Rum Mix Recipe
I offered this comforting, hot drink to guests at one of my Bunco gatherings. Everyone wanted the recipe. I like to keep a batch in the freezer for easy entertaining.—Carol Beyerl, East Wenatchee, Washington
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each serving):
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the ice cream, cinnamon, nutmeg and extract. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze overnight. Makes 3-1/2 cups mix.
- 2. To prepare hot drink: Dissolve 3-4 tablespoons of mix in boiling water; stir well. Yield: 14-18 servings.
1 serving equals 225 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC