Hot Buttered Rum Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- EACH SERVING:
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 to 3 tablespoons rum
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the ice cream, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cover and store in the freezer.
- For each serving, place 1/2 cup butter mixture in a mug; add boiling water and stir to dissolve. Stir in rum. Yield: 7 servings (3-1/2 cups mix).
Reviews for Hot Buttered Rum(6)
Sort By :
This is a great recipe. Have made it several times since originally came out in the dec/Jan 2011 issue of TOH... I make this at the start of the cool winter months, and a batch lasts my husband and I all winter long. It's quick and easy to throw together on those cool winter nights, the batter keeps well. I highly recommend this recipe
This is an amazing recipe. It's worth getting fat for. Actually I used reduced fat ice cream and a bit less than the recipe called for, plus I used a bit less mix per prepared drink, and it was perfect. I intend to make this frequently during the cooler months!
Sorry. Also might use a lower calorie ice cream or frozen yogurt to drop the calories a little.
Haven't tried it yet, but what about using the splenda/sugar items both white and brown to lower the sugar content? Might help us diabetics a little bit although still would be a welcome indulgence.
This is delicious! What a calorie bomb though! I'm wondering if 1/2 the amount of mix would make one almost as good? I'm going to try that next time.