Hot Buttered Coffee Recipe
Rich and rewarding, this coffee coupling is sure to warm your spirits. To save time when entertaining, dish up the butter mixture with a small scoop and let guests mix their own drinks.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- EACH SERVING:
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee (French or other dark roast)
- Cinnamon sticks and whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, mix the first seven ingredients until blended. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- 2. To prepare hot buttered coffee: Place 1 tablespoon spice mixture in a mug. Stir in hot coffee. If desired, serve with cinnamon stick and whipped cream. Yield: 20 servings (1-1/4 cups mix).
1 cup (calculated without whipped cream) equals 67 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC