- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- EACH SERVING:
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee (French or other dark roast)
- Cinnamon sticks and whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, mix the first seven ingredients until blended. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- To prepare hot buttered coffee: Place 1 tablespoon spice mixture in a mug. Stir in hot coffee. If desired, serve with cinnamon stick and whipped cream. Yield: 20 servings (1-1/4 cups mix).
Reviews for Hot Buttered Coffee
Sort By :
"I made this last Christmas and again this Christmas. I enjoy the warm flavours for an occasional treat. I do not find it too greasy, but do find the butter flavour compliments the warmth of the spices."
"I made this for a family get together. Should have tested it first! It was too greasy because of the butter and the flavor was not great."
"Very good flavor! I didn't use a whole tablespoon of the butter mixture in 1 cup of coffee because it was pretty sweet. Perfect to warm you up on a cold day!"