Rich and rewarding, this coffee coupling is sure to warm your spirits. To save time when entertaining, dish up the butter mixture with a small scoop and let guests mix their own drinks.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- EACH SERVING:
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee (French or other dark roast)
- Cinnamon sticks and whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, mix the first seven ingredients until blended. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- To prepare hot buttered coffee: Place 1 tablespoon spice mixture in a mug. Stir in hot coffee. If desired, serve with cinnamon stick and whipped cream. Yield: 20 servings (1-1/4 cups mix).
Originally published as Hot Buttered Coffee in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2007
Reviews for Hot Buttered Coffee
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review