12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in boiling water. In a small
- saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth;
- gradually whisk in cream and dissolved bouillon. Bring to a boil,
- stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 84 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.