Hot Broccoli Dip
So many of friends ask about the special flavor of this dip. The mystery is rosemary! I especially like to serve this hot dip during the holidays, but my family loves it all year-round. They even like the leftovers warmed up the next day!
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli, blanched
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 loaf (1 pound) round bread
- Raw vegetables, optional
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Add cheese and cook over low heat until melted. Stir in broccoli and
- rosemary. Cut top off bread; scoop out center. Cut center piece into
- cubes. Pour dip into center of bread. Serve with bread cubes and/or
- raw vegetables if desired. Yield: 10-12 appetizer servings (3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 125 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.