Hot Broccoli Dip Recipe
So many of friends ask about the special flavor of this dip. The mystery is rosemary! I especially like to serve this hot dip during the holidays, but my family loves it all year-round. They even like the leftovers warmed up the next day!
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli, blanched
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 loaf (1 pound) round bread
- Raw vegetables, optional
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add cheese and cook over low heat until melted. Stir in broccoli and rosemary. Cut top off bread; scoop out center. Cut center piece into cubes. Pour dip into center of bread. Serve with bread cubes and/or raw vegetables if desired. Yield: 10-12 appetizer servings (3 cups).
Originally published as Hot Broccoli Dip in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p50
Reviews for Hot Broccoli Dip(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Dip Recipes >