- 4 submarine sandwich buns
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices American cheese
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each bun; set tops aside. Carefully hollow out bottoms, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Set aside 1/2 cup bread.
- In a large skillet, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, Worcestershire sauce and reserved bread.
- Spoon into buns; top each with a cheese slice. Replace tops. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Hot Beef Cheddar Subs
Sort By :
Good comfort food
It was very good & very fast.
Very cheap and fast dinner! these were good, but I felt they needed a little kick like something spicy maybe. I will definitely make this again but Ill probably add mushrooms or a jalapeno
These are so easy, inexpensive and tasty! They're even easier if you skip toasting the rolls and use shredded cheese over the hot filling instead of sliced. I'll definitely make these subs again.
These's were wonderful. Easy to make and very filling. My family loved them!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Dinner Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >