Hot Bean Dish Recipe
"What would a family gathering be without a hot bean dish?" writes Betti Blair from Farmington, New York. "This recipe combines many kinds of beans with a sauce that's creamier than most."
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cut into cubes
- In a bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients; pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Stir in cream cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer, stirring several times, or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Hot Bean Dish in Country Woman July/August 1997, p42
Reviews for Hot Bean Dish(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review