Hot Bean and Cheese Dip
This thick and tasty party-starter from Michelle Sawatzy of Isle, Minnesota takes advantage of prepared taco sauce and canned refried beans.
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Reduce heat. Stir in the refried beans,
- Monterey Jack cheese and taco sauce; cook and stir until cheese is
- melted. Serve warm with tortilla chips. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 124 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now