Hot Bacon Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, trimmed and torn
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- HOT BACON DRESSING:
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, mushrooms and onions. Divide among four salad plates; arrange tomatoes on top. Set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving drippings. Add water, vinegar and sugar to the drippings. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat.
- 3. Stir 3 tablespoons of hot dressing into the eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Drizzle over salads; sprinkle with bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Hot Bacon Spinach Salad
"Delicious! I found the dressing a bit temperamental to make as the eggs started curdling, even though I tempered them as directed. I only made a 1/2 recipe so that may have been the factor, may have needed to add more than 1 1/2 tbsp. of the dressing to the egg."