When I got married, my husband said he hated spinach! I prepared this salad and dressing for him and he now requests it all the time!—Lisa Spiegel Westbrook, Georgetown, Delaware
Recommended: 52 Cheer-Worthy Tailgate Appetizers
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, trimmed and torn
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- HOT BACON DRESSING:
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, mushrooms and onions. Divide among four salad plates; arrange tomatoes on top. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving drippings. Add water, vinegar and sugar to the drippings. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat.
- Stir 3 tablespoons of hot dressing into the eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Drizzle over salads; sprinkle with bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Hot Bacon Spinach Salad in Taste of Home
Reviews for Hot Bacon Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review