Hot Bacon-Mustard Dressing Recipe
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 2 cups honey-Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cider or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- Torn salad greens or fresh spinach
- 1. In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings; set bacon aside. To the drippings, add Dijon mustard, sugar, orange juice, vinegar and ground mustard; bring to a boil. Stir in honey and bacon. Serve warm over salad greens or spinach. Refrigerate leftovers; reheat before serving. Yield: about 2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 112 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 799 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Hot Bacon-Mustard Dressing
"This recipe is super tasty. The only changes I made was using fresh squeezed orange juice, balsamic vinegar and added a clove of garlic that was minced and pasted with a tad of salt to help break it down."
"Excellent recipe! Make a batch to keep in the fridge and warm as needed. Delicious!"
"One of my favorite salads ever was made by TGIF's, Cajun Fried Chicken Salad, and came with a crock of Hot Bacon and Honey Mustard Dressing. It was the best. They stopped making it and I looked around for the dressing recipe and happened upon this one. It is very much like TGIF's, however, their dressing was a bit more spicy. My family loves this dressing and I make a batch at least once a month. Delicious!"