- 1 unsliced round loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cut top fourth off loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell. Cube removed bread and set aside. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon into bread bowl. Replace top. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Serve with reserved bread cubes. Yield: 2 cups.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hot Bacon Cheese Spread
Sort By :
"recipe indicates 2 cups 8 oz of Monterey Jack. One cup is 8 oz wouldn't it be 16 oz for 2 cups ? The recipe then says 1 cup 4 oz of parmesan, there again 4 oz is a half a cup, which is it?? measurements are in question."
"A little too garlicy but everyone loved the bacon and cheese!"
"Who doesn't like bacon and cheese. This is great for all sorts of occasions. I do recommend using the best cheese possible, no shaker parmesan, I prefer shredded it from a block of imported. This helps with the grease that others have talked about. Also, the bread bowl help absorb some of the oils from the cheese. My family prefers to add more bacon and a touch of garlic powder. This is a fun one to play with."
"Oh so good!!!! Made this and it was gobbled right up!"
"This is a treat!"