Hot Bacon Cheese Spread Recipe
- 1 unsliced round loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. Cut top fourth off loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell. Cube removed bread and set aside. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon into bread bowl. Replace top. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Serve with reserved bread cubes. Yield: 2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 263 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.