Hot Bacon Cheese Spread
This creamy spread, made with Monterey Jack and Parmesan cheeses, is sure to warm up your next holiday party. Guests never wander too far from the table when I put out this fragrant dip. —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 unsliced round loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cut top fourth off loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom,
- leaving a 1-in. shell. Cube removed bread and set aside. Combine the
- remaining ingredients; spoon into bread bowl. Replace top. Place on
- an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Serve with
- reserved bread cubes. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 263 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.