This creamy spread, made with Monterey Jack and Parmesan cheeses, is sure to warm up your next holiday party. Guests never wander too far from the table when I put out this fragrant dip. —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
- 1 unsliced round loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cut top fourth off loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell. Cube removed bread and set aside. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon into bread bowl. Replace top. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Serve with reserved bread cubes. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Hot Bacon Cheese Spread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p23
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hot Bacon Cheese Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review