Hot Bacon Cheese Dip
I've tried several appetizers before, but this one is a surefire people-pleaser. The thick dip has lots of bacon flavor and keeps my guests happily munching before dinner. I serve it with tortilla chips or sliced French bread.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 16 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Tortilla chips or French bread slices
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Cover
- and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until cheeses are melted, stirring
- Just before serving, stir in bacon. Serve warm with tortilla chips or
- bread. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 261 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.