Hot Bacon Cheese Dip Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 16 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Tortilla chips or French bread slices
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until cheeses are melted, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Just before serving, stir in bacon. Serve warm with tortilla chips or bread. Yield: 4 cups.
1/4 cup: 261 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Hot Bacon Cheese Dip
"Bacon and cheese in a dip - whats not to like - my family loves this and it never lasts long here"
"gloppy- boring - nothing special. I wouldn't make again."
"Look at any pkg. of shredded cheese. YES, 4 cups of shredded is 16 ounces, just as noted in the recipe. Shredded measures up differently, but it is the same on all pkgs./brands of shredded cheeses. READ the packages....."
"I've made this, and it is EXCELLENT! Yummy stuff!"
"The ones who wrote a review about the cheese. I currently have a pack of cheese in my hand and 2 cups of cheese equals 8 ounces. Four cups is 16 ounces."
"Dry ingredients measure differently than wet ingredients. A packet of cheese that says 16 oz. is 2 cups. Please look at the packet when you are in the store."
"After reading over the reviews and the recipe i wonder how 4 cups of cheese is 16 ounces? shouldn't it be either 2 cups which is 16 ounces or 4 cups which is 32 ounces.... makes sense why it would be too cheesy!"
"I made this dip for a party and it got rave reviews! Easy and tasty!!!"
"Very good! Loved watching the faces of people expecting a cheese dip and then getting the bacon flavor. Everyone wanted the recipe."
"it didnt fit in the 11/2 crockpot, it was maybe just a tad too cheesy...but good!"
"Made this last night and everyone liked it. Several asked for the recipe. Easy and delicious. Will make again."
"Very good only problem is that a 1 1/2 qt slow cooker is not big enough for amount of ingredients."
"All I had on hand was some flour tortillas so I quartered and baked them and served with the dip and it was a big hit."
"The dip was great but we tend to like spicier foods. I added a small can of diced green chili's and 2 diced jalapeno's."
"This dip is awesome! I make it anytime there is a get-together. Everyone always wants the recipe!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.