Hot Bacon Cheddar Spread
This is go-to recipe when I'm have people over. The warm, luscious dip is always quite popular.Cara Langer, Overland Park, Kansas
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, thyme and
- pepper. Stir in the cheese, green onions and half the bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 3-cup baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until bubbly. Top
- with crushed crackers and remaining bacon. Serve with assorted
- crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 105 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.