Hot Bacon Asparagus Salad
From Prophetstown, Illinois, Paulette Balda relates, "This meal-in-one salad is so easy to fix when I get home from work...but it looks like I spent an hour preparing it. It's great with warm rolls."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 7 bacon strips, diced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, sliced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a
- slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain, reserving 2-3
- tablespoons drippings.
- Cut asparagus into 1-1/2-in. pieces; saute in drippings until
- crisp-tender. Add the vinegar, sugar, mustard, pepper and bacon.
- Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- In a large salad bowl, combine salad greens and almonds. Add the
- asparagus mixture; toss gently. Arrange eggs over the salad. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 243 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium,