From Prophetstown, Illinois, Paulette Balda relates, "This meal-in-one salad is so easy to fix when I get home from work...but it looks like I spent an hour preparing it. It's great with warm rolls."
- 7 bacon strips, diced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain, reserving 2-3 tablespoons drippings.
- Cut asparagus into 1-1/2-in. pieces; saute in drippings until crisp-tender. Add the vinegar, sugar, mustard, pepper and bacon. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- In a large salad bowl, combine salad greens and almonds. Add the asparagus mixture; toss gently. Arrange eggs over the salad. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hot Bacon Asparagus Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p12
Reviews for Hot Bacon Asparagus Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review