Hot Asparagus Pasta Salad Recipe
- 2-2/3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 inch slice fresh gingeroot, minced, optional
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 pound fully cooked ham, julienned or cubed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained or 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic and ginger if desired in oil over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes. Add asparagus, shrimp and water; cook until asparagus is crisp-tender and shrimp are cooked, about 8 minutes.
- 3. Stir in ham, water chestnuts or celery and olives. Remove from the heat. Drain pasta and place in a large salad bowl; add asparagus mixture. Cover with foil. Combine dressing ingredients; pour over salad and toss. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 380 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 632 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Hot Asparagus Pasta Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.