- 2-2/3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 inch slice fresh gingeroot, minced, optional
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 pound fully cooked ham, julienned or cubed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained or 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic and ginger if desired in oil over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes. Add asparagus, shrimp and water; cook until asparagus is crisp-tender and shrimp are cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in ham, water chestnuts or celery and olives. Remove from the heat. Drain pasta and place in a large salad bowl; add asparagus mixture. Cover with foil. Combine dressing ingredients; pour over salad and toss. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Hot Asparagus Pasta Salad in Country April/May 1994, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hot Asparagus Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review