Green chilies add a bit of zip to this rich cracker spread from Victoria Casey of Coeur d' Alene, Idaho. "I serve this appetizer often because it's tasty, quick to make and looks so pretty with the red tomatoes and green onions on top."
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Crackers or pita bread
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Spread into a 1-qt. baking dish or 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Sprinkle with tomatoes and onions. Serve with crackers or pita bread. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Hot Artichoke Spread in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p45
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hot Artichoke Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review