Hot Apple Sundaes
This is a comforting dessert. The orange flavor complements the light cinnamon-apple taste. These sandaes are a perfect way to round out your penny-pinching menu.Betty Matthews, South Haven, Michigan
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 10 cups sliced peeled apples
- 1-1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar, juices and cinnamon to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add apples and
- return to a boil. Reduce heat; over and simmer for 15 minutes or
- until the apples are tender. Serve warm over ice cream. Sprinkle
- with cinnamon if desired. Yield: 12 servings (5 cups topping).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 261 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.