Hot Apple Punch
With its soothing cinnamon seasoning, this fresh and flavorful apple punch is a must for Christmastime.
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 2 cinnamon sticks (about 3 inches each), broken
- 10 whole cloves
- 6 whole allspice or 2 whole nutmeg
- 2 quarts apple juice
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- Place the cinnamon sticks, cloves and allspice on a double thickness
- of cheesecloth; bring up the corners and tie with string to form a
- bag. Place in a large saucepan with apple juice (or place loose
- spices in pan and strain before serving). Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove spice bag. Serve punch
- hot in mugs. Garnish with cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 119 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.