Hot Apple Pie Sipper Recipe
If you love apple pie, this tasty beverage was created just for you. The ice cream batter gives the sweet cider a smooth creamy texture. Make it an adult drink by stirring in a little brandy. —Connie Young, Pony, Montana
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 4 cups hot apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- Brandy, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and spices until light and fluffy. Beat in ice cream. Cover and freeze until firm.
- 2. For each serving, place 1/3 cup ice cream mixture in a mug; add 2/3 cup cider. Stir in brandy if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (calculated without brandy) equals 286 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC