If you love apple pie, this tasty beverage was created just for you. The ice cream batter gives the sweet cider a smooth creamy texture. Make it an adult drink by stirring in a little brandy. —Connie Young, Pony, Montana
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 4 cups hot apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- brandy, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and spices until light and fluffy. Beat in ice cream. Cover and freeze until firm.
- For each serving, place 1/3 cup ice cream mixture in a mug; add 2/3 cup cider. Stir in brandy if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hot Apple Pie Sipper in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p92
Reviews for Hot Apple Pie Sipper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2014
"Did anyone manage to make this without the apple juice IMMEDIATELY causing the dairy to separate?"
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2013
"After, the evening skiing...Amazing with the brandy, it's better!"