Hot Apple Pie Sipper Recipe
If you love apple pie, this tasty beverage was created just for you. The ice cream batter gives the sweet cider a smooth creamy texture. Make it an adult drink by stirring in a little brandy. —Connie Young, Pony, Montana
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 4 cups hot apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- brandy, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves until light and fluffy. Beat in ice cream. Cover and freeze until firm.
- For each serving, place 1/3 cup ice cream mixture in a mug; add 2/3 cup cider. Stir in brandy if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hot Apple Pie Sipper in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p92
Reviews for Hot Apple Pie Sipper(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2013
After, the evening skiing...Amazing with the brandy, it's better!