Hot Apple Cider
In this recipe, brown sugar and spices add extra flavor to already delicious apple cider.—Marlys Benning, Wellsburg, Iowa
16-20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches), broken
- 1 gallon apple cider
- Fill the filter-lined basket of a large automatic percolator with the
- brown sugar, cloves, allspice and cinnamon sticks. Prepare as you
- would coffee according to manufacturer's directions, but substitute
- cider for water. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Editor's Note: Do not use a drip-style coffee maker for this recipe.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 124 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.