Hot Apple Cider Recipe
I really enjoy this hot cider because it has a citrus tang unlike other recipes I've tried. Not only do I like the flavor combination, but I love the aroma it adds to my home. Darlene Brenden of Salem, Oregon
- 1 quart unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1.4 teaspoons whole cloves
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Strain, discarding cinnamon sticks and cloves. Serve warm; garnish with additional cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Hot Apple Cider in Light & Tasty October/November 2004, p31
Reviews for Hot Apple Cider(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2013
We have made this a holiday special every year. I get a lot of compliments on this recipe.