Hot Antipasto Recipe
My husband's family requests this colorful appetizer dish for our annual Christmas Eve potluck. Everyone loves that there are so many delicious ingredients to nibble on. It’s a real crowd-pleaser.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:28 servings
- 1 pound sweet Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Hot Italian Sausage Links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pepperoncini, drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pickled hot cherry peppers, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (8 ounces) marinated whole mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 jar (7 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausages over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and place in a large bowl.
- 2. Stir in the pepperoncinis, cherry peppers, beans, mushrooms, artichokes, olives and pepperoni. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (dish will be full).
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 4-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 28 servings (1/2 cup each).
1/2 cup equals 167 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 845 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC