Hot Antipasto Sandwiches Recipe
I usually make this Stromboli as an appetizer for holiday get-togethers. But I also like to serve it with salad as a satisfying meal.—Lisa Berry, Fayetteville, West Virginia
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/4 pound sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 2 eggs
- Dash pepper
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained, patted dry and chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1. Unroll crescent roll dough into two rectangles; seal seams and perforations. Press one rectangle onto the bottom and 3/4 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with salami, ham, pepperoni and provolone cheese.
- 2. Whisk eggs and pepper; pour over cheese. Top with roasted peppers and Parmesan cheese. Place remaining crescent dough rectangle over the top; pinch edges to seal. Brush with egg yolk.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cut into eight triangles; serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 sandwich equals 450 calories, 30 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 1,420 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC