I like a simple sandwich recipe that eats like a meal, and these zesty Italian sandwiches really hit the spot.
- 1/4 cup creamy Italian or Parmesan salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 package (5 ounces) thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 submarine sandwich buns (about 10 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine dressing and Parmesan cheese. Add the artichokes, tomatoes, pepperoni and olives; toss to coat.
- Cut each bun in half horizontally; place with cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 5 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread filling over buns; sprinkle with mozzarella. Broil 3-4 minutes more or until filling is hot and cheese is bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hot Antipasto Poor Boys in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p104
Reviews for Hot Antipasto Poor Boys
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review