- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add tomatoes and green chilies. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in quinoa and artichoke; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Hot and Zesty Quinoa
"Really good, I make it alot"
"I rarely have canned tomatoes with green chiles , so I just get a can of regular or Italian or Mexican diced tomatoes and add a small can of diced green chilies without draining them. I make this often and love it, it is easy to make, and comes out perfect every time."
"I have made this many times; our family loves it -- tasty with just a little kick. Though it's fine with just 2 tbsp, I use a full jar of artichoke hearts (6 oz). We like quinoa, even better that it's a healthy food!"
"I didn't have the artichokes on hand and only used 1/2 an onion. Great for a quick lunch."
"Very good. Even better if you throw a jalapeno in."