Hot Almond N Cream Drink
Just a few sips of this drink, with its rich almond flavor, will warm you up in a hurry. "I'm the food service manager for a Christian camp," relates Kaye Kirsch of Bailey, Colorado, "and it's a favorite each year at our Christmas party."
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 teaspoon almond extract
- Ground nutmeg
- In a small saucepan over low heat, cook and stir butter and sugars
- for 12-15 minutes or until butter is melted. Pour into a large bowl;
- add ice cream and extract. Beat on medium speed for 1-2 minutes or
- until smooth, scraping the bowl often.
- To make one serving: Spoon 1/4 cup mix into a mug; add 3/4 cup
- boiling water and stir well. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 4 cups mix.
Editor's Note: Mix can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 236 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein.