Hot 'n' Spicy Spareribs Recipe
I always keep this dry rub in a shaker on my shelf so I have it ready to use in an instant. It's a deliciously different way to prepare barbecued ribs.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 pounds pork spareribs
- 6 sheets (40 inches x 18 inches) heavy-duty foil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and seasonings. Rub all of it onto both sides of ribs. Make two stacks the three sheets of foil and place half the ribs in the center of each stack. Bring opposite long edges of foil together; fold down several times. Fold the short edges toward the food and crimp tightly to prevent leaks. Refrigerate overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Place foil packets over indirect medium heat. Grill, covered, for 1-1/2 hours or until tender, turning foil packets over after 45 minutes. Remove ribs from foil; place over direct heat. Grill, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until crisp, turning once. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 1,310 calories, 97 g fat (35 g saturated fat), 383 mg cholesterol, 1,204 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 93 g protein.
Reviews for Hot 'n' Spicy Spareribs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC