Hot 'n' Spicy Omelet
Red pepper flakes add plenty of fiery zip to this omelet from Dixie Terry of Goreville, Illinois. "It's a favorite at our house - for breakfast, brunch or supper - with sausage or bacon, home fries and hot biscuits," she shares.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter and oil over medium-high
- heat. Whisk the eggs, water, garlic, salt and pepper. Add egg
- mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked
- portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set; fold in half. Invert
- omelet onto a plate to serve. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 209 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 433 mg cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.