Hot 'n' Spicy Flank Steak Recipe
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting frequently with remaining marinade. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Thinly slice steak across the grain. Yield: 6 servings.
3 ounces cooked beef equals 201 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 326 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Hot 'n' Spicy Flank Steak
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.