Hot 'n' Sour Shrimp Recipe
Looking for something quick, colorful and chock-full of healthy ingredients to set before your family and friends? Try spooning this hearty dish from Mary Ann Dell of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania over spaghetti. "Stir-fry meal are always a family favorite," she notes, "and because of the mild kick of this recipe, it's in especially hot demand!"
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 small cucumber, seeded and sliced
- Hot cooked spaghetti, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients until smooth; set aside. In a skillet or wok, heat oil; stir-fry red pepper and mushrooms for 4 minutes. Add the shrimp, garlic and pepper flakes; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add cucumber; cook and stir 1 minute longer or until heated through. Serve with spaghetti if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hot 'n' Sour Shrimp in Country Woman March/April 2005, p41
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hot 'n' Sour Shrimp(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Shrimp Dinner Recipes >