Hot 'n' Sour Shrimp Recipe
Looking for something quick, colorful and chock-full of healthy ingredients to set before your family and friends? Try spooning this hearty dish from Mary Ann Dell of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania over spaghetti. "Stir-fry meal are always a family favorite," she notes, "and because of the mild kick of this recipe, it's in especially hot demand!"
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 small cucumber, seeded and sliced
- Hot cooked spaghetti, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients until smooth; set aside. In a skillet or wok, heat oil; stir-fry red pepper and mushrooms for 4 minutes. Add the shrimp, garlic and pepper flakes; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add cucumber; cook and stir 1 minute longer or until heated through. Serve with spaghetti if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 159 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Hot 'n' Sour Shrimp
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC