Hot 'n' Hearty Ham Subs Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 submarine or hot dog buns, split
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Combine the butter, garlic powder and oregano; brush on cut sides of buns. Place on a baking sheet; broil 4 in. from the heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; stir in the ham. Spoon about 1/3 cup onto each bun bottom; sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Broil 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Replace bun tops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 720 calories, 37g fat (12g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1651mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Hot 'n' Hearty Ham Subs
"In all fairness, I have not personally tasted this recipe (wasn't fast enough)...but I did bring it to a church potluck where I was told by 2 different families how tasty they were!"
"One of my family's favorites. Very easy to change up ingredients for different flavors. I've used chicken in place of the ham and found that to be just as good."