Hot 'n' Hearty Ham Subs Recipe
People like the melding of melted cheese, juicy meat and crunchy bread in this main dish. I suggest varying the taste of my sandwiches by occasionally substituting a different cheesefor example, cheddarfor the mozzarella and adding pepperoni for more zest.Heidi Doudna, Fairbanks, Alaska
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 submarine or hot dog buns, split
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Combine the butter, garlic powder and oregano; brush on cut sides of buns. Place on a baking sheet; broil 4 in. from the heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; stir in the ham. Spoon about 1/3 cup onto each bun bottom; sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Broil 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Replace bun tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hot 'n' Hearty Ham Subs in Country Woman May/June 1999, p37
Reviews for Hot 'n' Hearty Ham Subs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2010
One of my family's favorites. Very easy to change up ingredients for different flavors. I've used chicken in place of the ham and found that to be just as good.