- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 submarine or hot dog buns, split
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Combine the butter, garlic powder and oregano; brush on cut sides of buns. Place on a baking sheet; broil 4 in. from the heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; stir in the ham. Spoon about 1/3 cup onto each bun bottom; sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Broil 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Replace bun tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hot 'n' Hearty Ham Subs in Country Woman May/June 1999, p37
Reviews for Hot 'n' Hearty Ham Subs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2014
"In all fairness, I have not personally tasted this recipe (wasn't fast enough)...but I did bring it to a church potluck where I was told by 2 different families how tasty they were!"