Hot Apple Cider Recipe
A hot beverage like this is savored here when chilly weather returns after summer. The clove-studded orange slices are so attractive.
- 1 medium navel orange, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 50 to 60 whole cloves
- 6 cups apple cider or juice
- 1 cinnamon stick (4 inches)
- 2-1/4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- 1. Cut orange slices in half. Using a wooden toothpick, poke holes in the peel of each orange slice at 1/2-in. intervals. Insert a clove into each hole; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, bring apple juice and cinnamon stick to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the pineapple juice, honey, lemon juice and peel and nutmeg; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minute.
- 3. Discard cinnamon stick. Garnish with orange slices. Serve warm with additional cinnamon sticks for stirrers if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 137 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Hot Apple Cider
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC