- 4 turkey drumsticks (1-1/2 pounds each)
- 2/3 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- Divide drumsticks between two large resealable bags. In a bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended. Add 3/4 cup marinade to drumsticks, dividing evenly between bags. Seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove drumsticks from marinade to a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan; discard marinade in bags.
- Bake, covered, 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 45-60 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 175°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Hot & Spicy Turkey Legs
"These must have been good because I never got the chance to taste them! Iserved traditional turkey dinner, and to mix things up I also made a platter of these turkey legs. While everyone helped themselves, I spent a few minutes seeing to my guests needs, and by the time I got to the serving table they were gone, and people were raving about them! Next time I'll make sure to set one aside..."
"I made this recipe using chicken drumsticks and it was very, very tasty. The Louisiana hot sauce is what really makes it good. Will make this again and again."
"These had a lot of flavor"