Hot & Spicy Chicken Bites
Taste of Home Cooking School
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Shredded lettuce
- Combine chicken, red pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and
- hot pepper sauce in a medium or large ZIPLOC Brand Zip 'n Steam Bag.
- Seal bag and shake to mix ingredients. Place ingredients into an
- even, single layer. Place bag in a microwave.
- Cook on high for 4 minutes (Medium bag) or 3-1/2 minutes (Large bag)
- or until chicken juices run clear. If needed, continue microwaving
- for 30-second intervals until chicken is done.
- Let stand 1 minute before handling. Gently squeeze bag to distribute
- seasonings. Carefully open bag. Spoon 1 tablespoon lime juice over
- chicken. Season with additional salt and hot pepper sauce if
- desired. Serve over a bed of lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.