—Taste of Home Cooking School
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Shredded lettuce
- Combine chicken, red pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and hot pepper sauce in a medium or large ZIPLOC Brand Zip 'n Steam Bag. Seal bag and shake to mix ingredients. Place ingredients into an even, single layer. Place bag in a microwave.
- Cook on high for 4 minutes (Medium bag) or 3-1/2 minutes (Large bag) or until chicken juices run clear. If needed, continue microwaving for 30-second intervals until chicken is done.
- Let stand 1 minute before handling. Gently squeeze bag to distribute seasonings. Carefully open bag. Spoon 1 tablespoon lime juice over chicken. Season with additional salt and hot pepper sauce if desired. Serve over a bed of lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hot & Spicy Chicken Bites in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Fall 2009, p33
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Hot & Spicy Chicken Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review