I like to serve this spread with tenderloin or rib roast. The light-textured spread also tastes terrific on sandwiches. Mark Morgan
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup fresh grated horseradish root
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in the
- horseradish, mustard and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes
- before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: Store fresh horseradish root in a sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator and it should keep for up to 3 months. Take care when grating horseradish, it has more sting than chopping onions. Use a vegetable peeler or paring knife to remove the outer skin from the root.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 75 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.